GO BEYOND THE WALL
LEGALISE THE PRISON
- The dimensions of cells are inadequate
- The space per person often do not exceed 4 m2
- It often lacks of places dedicated for meal time
- It is not re-edicative: 70% of peple that exit from prisoncommit another crime
- It does not protect family bonds
- It does not facilitate the social and working reinsertion
- It does not allow condemns to repair the damage provoked
IN SHORT: it does not respect social rights!
- The European Court, as it has already done in 2009 and 2012, will equally condemn us: 500 appeals about the inhuman conditions of our prisons are equally suspended and these will cause high costs for the community
- Prison will continue to produce new crimes and insecurities
- There can be no re-education and reparation of the damages provoked to victims and society
- It will be new excluded insted of social reintegration
- People will continue to give ” exclusive” labers to others
- The recidivism of crimes wille continue and there will be new victims and so insecurities
IN SHORT: Contributors will pay all the costs!
- We can promote the use of alternative punishments to prison
- We can avail in a better way of community service order, allowing to the offender of crime to become responsible and to confront his/herself with the community of reference about the damage caused and because we allow him/her to apologise publicly to victims and society
- We can avoid new condemnation from the European Supreme Court
- We can contribute to the real re-education and reparation of the damage, creating a society more cohesive, inclusive and safe
- We can publicise the culture of legality
- We can demolish the prejudice that has legitimate the exclusion of people that made a mistake, helping them to understand the error made
- We will give a better future to children and families of the condems, allowing them to grow away from revenge and sufferance
TOGETHER: we can go beyond the wall of fear, prejudice and prison!
INVEST ON: work, education and family & community relationships!
There are not only elements of that penal treatment that needs to re-educate the condemn but this fields are also a concrete possibility of re-integration! In addition, if it is oriented to upgrade the living conditions inside the walls can help to…legalise the prison! And so this can avoid our conviction! Remember: legality is contagious!